Saturday, September 24, 2011

Too Much Information

I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of feeling like an idiot because I can’t manage the myriad details of life, both online and off.  So in an uncharacteristic show of impulsivity, I started this blog today to talk about how overwhelmed I feel by everyday data (caution: venting ahead), and to chat about how we can all gain some inner peace in this brave new world.

Now, I know it seems hypocritical to take to the blogosphere with this issue – after all, the internet is a major source of my information overload.  But this isn’t about becoming a Luddite.  It’s about choosing technology and filtering information in a way that gives us the stuff we need, while ignoring the noise.

So here is my pledge:  I solemnly swear to develop some sort of filter to cull the data that doesn’t really matter and somehow find peace in the process.  I’m not sure how this is going to work, but I think it’s critical to my pursuit of happiness.  Who’s in?

No comments:

Post a Comment